Altadore Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Altadore homes for sale & real estate in City Centre resource. Altadore is a community that reflects its beautiful history but grows with the rest of the city. For more information on Altadore properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Altadore real estate.
Homes For Sale in Altadore Calgary
Altadore Real Estate Market
Altadore is a mid-century community of primarily single-family and attached homes in South West Calgary. Many houses have retained their mid-century ambiance. However, luxury infills are rapidly filling the housing market and are replacing many of the original bungalows and up/down duplex homes. Listing prices are above average with many of the new homes for sale priced in excess of $1 million. Altadore is relatively close to downtown and neighbours the Marda Loop trading area. The community is across Crowchild Trail from Mount Royal University and steps away from the Elbow River parks and Glenmore Reservoir. Altadore properties are located between Crowchild and 14 Street SW, south of 50 Ave SW.
Altadore Community Highlights
- Many of the beautiful neighbourhood trees are over 60 years old, providing a beautiful canopy on quiet street properties.
- River Park on the east side of the neighbourhood provides beautiful east-facing views of the Elbow River Valley and is an excellent off-leash dog park.
- Glenmore Athletic Park has soccer fields, a 400-metre running track, Stu Peppard Arena, a velodrome and Glenmore Aquatic Centre with a salt-water pool.
- It's close to Lakeview Golf Course, a public facility as well as two other exclusive private golf clubs — Earl Grey and Calgary Golf and Country Club.
- Mount Royal University campus is just across Crowchild Trail.
- Those living here can enjoy the Marda Loop District with grocery stores, boutique shopping, good restaurants and coffee bars all within walking distance.
Altadore Neighbourhood Amenities
Single-family homes offer plenty of room and modern infills offer contemporary floor plans. Many living in Altadore have properties with large backyards. Kids can walk or bike to school and can participate in after school swimming lessons at Glenmore Pool. Cyclists can even follow the paths along the Elbow River to get to work downtown. The family dog can romp at River Park. Take a Sunday stroll to Marda Loop for dinner or grab a quick ice cream cone. Altadore is a highly walkable community with every possible amenity so there's more time to enjoy life and less time traveling.
Altadore Local Schools
- Altadore School
- William Reid Elementary
- St. James Elementary and Junior High School
- Central Memorial High School
- Lord Shawnessy High School
- Western Canada Senior High School
- Alternative High School
- Bishop Carroll Senior High School
- Dr. Oakley Learning Centre
- Rundle Academy
- Master's Academy
- Lycee Louis Pasteur, The International French School
Altadore Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Altadore? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Altadore property. As City Centre real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Altadore.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Altadore property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to City Centre Real Estate