Bankview Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Bankview homes for sale & real estate in City Centre below! The community of Bankview takes pride in its history, the panoramic views it offers to its residents, and its quick access to the downtown core. The Bankview real estate market features houses of all sizes and budgets. To request up-to-date information about Bankview properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Bankview real estate.
Homes For Sale in Bankview Calgary
Bankview Real Estate Market
Bankview is an older urban community south of downtown Calgary, built on a steep hillside with narrow roads. Potential buyers can find century-old homes for sale in Bankview but the neighbourhood is known mostly for apartment and condominium real estate. The sharp grade of the hill has been the inspiration for unique architecture for many of Bankview's condos and single-family homes. Housing market prices run the gamut from under $200,000 for studio-sized condo apartments to nearly $3 million for luxury home listings. Bankview is west of 14 Street SW and south of 17 Ave SW. It's densely populated and is less than 2km from downtown Calgary.
Bankview Community Highlights
- The historic Nimmons house, built in the late 19th century, still stands at 17 Ave and 14 St SW and defines the character of the Bankview neighbourhood.
- Bankview is within walkable distance of the restaurants, bars and nightlife on 17 Ave SW with Calgary's infamous Red Mile beyond.
- A park in the middle of the neighbourhood has a children's playground, outdoor tennis courts and an active community centre.
- The Calgary Tennis Club is next-door in Sunalta.
- Walk downtown on a nice day or enjoy great transit service with three routes serving Bankview.
- Up the hill from Bankview is a library, outdoor swimming pool, and the shops and services of Marda Loop.
- The wide array of home prices and styles makes Bankview accessible to all types of buyers.
Bankview Neighbourhood Amenities
Residents living in Bankview enjoy hilltop views of the Calgary skyline and the Bow River Valley to the north. The neighbourhood offers a rare opportunity to purchase a house or condo with a unique design. The grade on some streets in Bankview makes one think of San Francisco. The neighbourhood lends itself to an urban lifestyle where one can walk home after an evening out with friends.
Bankview Local Schools
- Sunalta Elementary School
- Mount Royal Junior High
- Western Canada High School
- St. Mary's High School
Bankview Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Bankview? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Bankview property. As City Centre real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Bankview real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Bankview home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to City Centre Real Estate