Bowness Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
Search the newest Bowness homes for sale & Northwest Calgary real estate below. Nothing compares to the sense of history, beauty, and convenience of Bowness. One of Calgary's best communities for residents of all ages and economic status, it was founded in 1911 as an independent town until 1946 when it became part of Calgary. The best of old town charm, green living, and urban amenities make Bowness houses and condominiums highly sought-after in the Calgary real estate market. For additional information about Bowness properties for sale or to organize a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Bowness real estate.
Homes For Sale in Bowness Northwest Calgary
Bowness Real Estate Market
Bowness was its own small town until it was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1964. Angle parking, wider main streets and older homes on the market are a testament to the former village. Bowness is located north of the Trans-Canada Highway to the east of Stoney Trail along the Bow River. The Bowness housing market offers a wide range of real estate options including Craftsman heritage houses, modern executive homes for sale and smaller structures on the market original to the community. There are high-rise condos, semi-detached properties, townhouses, and cute starter homes in Bowness; there is truly something for everyone in this community. The average listing price in Bowness is $650,000 to $675,000. Many of the luxury $2 million country estate homes on magnificent riverside lots skew the average higher as the majority of Bowness properties are attached homes, older cottage bungalows on decent-sized lots and affordable mid-century houses.
Bowness Community Highlights
- Bowness is home to the city's beloved Bowness Park, a favourite destination among Calgarians since the days of the street car. There families enjoy picnic tables, fire pits, bikeways, footpaths, and green space for fun and fitness.
- It has a boat/raft launch area on the Bow River. The lagoon offers paddle boating in the summer and skating in the winter. A new restaurant has recently opened in the park.
- Other community parks nearby include Shouldice Park with an indoor rink, pool, batting cage and nearby football fields with artificial turf.
- Some boutique retail shops and trendy restaurants are popping up on the neighbourhood's main street, Bowness Road.
- Market Mall, an indoor shopping centre, is just five minutes east of Bowness.
- The Trans-Canada Highway is nearby, so the ski hills in Canmore and Banff are only an hour away.
Bowness Neighbourhood Amenities
In this historic community you can live on the river, or buy an older home on a large lot to knock down as a real estate investment. You can even live a maintenance-free lifestyle in a new condominium in a mature community with plenty of trees and parks 20 minutes from downtown. Walk to a great restaurant or grab brunch on a Sunday morning. Neighbourhood kids can walk to school, too.
Bowness Local Schools
- Belvedere-Parkway Elementary School
- Bowcroft Elementary School
- St. Pius X Catholic Elementary School
- Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Elementary & Junior High School
- Thomas B. Riley Junior High School
- Bowness Senior High School
- St. Francis Catholic Senior High School
Bowness Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase or sale of a home in Bowness? Allow our real estate team to guide you through the purchase of your new Bowness property or the sale of your current residence. As Northwest Calgary real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to Bowness real estate.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to get more information about representation for buyers and sellers. Getting involved in the Bowness real estate market? Connect with us for a free home evaluation instantly!
Back to Northwest Calgary Real Estate