Chaparral Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Chaparral homes for sale & real estate in South Calgary below! Homes for sale in Chaparral are located in a lakeside community popular for its beautiful and affordable homes. Residents here can simply relax in the quiet ambiance of their neighbourhood or enjoy any of the lake activities such as fishing, boating, swimming, and diving. Chaparral real estate is also near the popular shopping, dining, and entertainment venues along nearby MacLeod Trail. To request up-to-date information about Chaparral properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Chaparral real estate.
Homes For Sale in Chaparral South Calgary
Chaparral Real Estate Market
The Chaparral communities of South Calgary were constructed in the early 1990's on the south side of Stoney Trail, east of MacLeod Trail. Lake Chaparral is a tranquil lake community and Chaparral Valley is a riverside cousin down the hill and next to the Bow River. Just 500 residences are available in the valley housing market. Both neighbourhoods offer single-family homes in a variety of price ranges, from listings in the high $500's to million-dollar lakefront properties with plenty of living space, some real estate being on walk-out lots.
The first-time buyer will find entry-level price points on modern row houses in the Chaparral communities. There is also a limited selection of mid-rise condominium buildings. Homes on the ridge have wonderful eastern views overlooking the Bow River Valley.
Chaparral Community Highlights
- A gorgeous 33-acre lake with depths of up to 35 feet surrounded by a 22-acre community park where families can roam free. There's a toboggan hill, basketball and beach volleyball courts, children's playgrounds, outdoor skating rink and space for picnics.
- Those living here can golf at the Blue Devil Golf Course, bike along the Bow River and through Fish Creek Provincial Park.
- Across Stoney Trail is a huge shopping district on Shawville Blvd SW plus the South Fish Rec/Cardel Rec Centre, YMCA and public library.
- Spruce Meadows Equestrian Centre is five minutes west of Chaparral.
- South Health Campus Hospital in nearby Seton is only 10 minutes away by car.
Chaparral Neighbourhood Amenities
A neighbourhood shuttle bus provides fast and efficient service to the Somerset/Bridlewood LRT Station for residents living here to commute downtown. The neighbourhood kids can walk to school or are picked up by school bus and delivered to Chaparral feeder schools. During the warmer months, there's an underwater scuba diving program for Chaparral residents and the community association hosts summer barbecues and winter skating parties. Bike through the ravine and Bow River Valley and pack a picnic to make a day of it. For the hardy cyclist, city centre can be reached from Chaparral using the pathway system. A wonderful community for all ages.
Chaparral Local Schools
- Chaparral Elementary School
- Fish Creek Middle School
- Mother Teresa Elementary School
- St. Cecilia School
- Mid-Sun Junior High School
- Father James Wheelman School
- Centennial Senior High School
- Bishop O'Byrne Catholic Senior High School
Chaparral Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Chaparral? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Chaparral property. As South Calgary real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Chaparral real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Chaparral home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to South Calgary Real Estate