Cranston Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
Find up-to-date Cranston homes for sale & Southeast Calgary real estate below! Cranston is a community that takes pride in its green living. Cranston houses offer residents opportunities to enjoy outdoor life by providing pathways, parks, and breathtaking views of the Bow River Valley and the Rocky Mountains. Searching for further information on Cranston properties for sale? Arrange for a home showing by contacting your local real estate experts today. Read more about Cranston real estate.
Homes For Sale in Cranston Southeast Calgary
Cranston Real Estate Market
South of Stoney Trail/Highway 22X on the east side of the Bow River lies the picturesque neighbourhood of Cranston. This large community is on flat land high above the river valley with a new development down the hill called Riverstone. Real estate was first built in Cranston in the late 1990's and build-out continues in this large family neighbourhood with nearly 15,000 residents living here.
From affordable condos, well-designed townhouses, single-family homes and luxury residences by the river, the Cranston housing market has a good mix of real estate styles in a variety of price ranges. The average listing price is $575,000 to $600,000, with estate homes being priced at nearly $2 million. Family and community is what Cranston is all about. The neighbourhood is built on the original Cranston homestead.
Cranston Community Highlights
- This master-planned community features thoughtful design and prairie-inspired architecture.
- Plenty of parks and green spaces with new schools and convenient neighbourhood shopping plazas.
- New interchanges on Stoney and Deerfoot trails make touring around Calgary easy.
- The South Health Campus hospital with a 24-hour emergency room is five minutes east of Cranston.
- The pathways along the Bow River are a tranquil place to walk. The bike paths connect to the Bow River system so enthusiastic bike commuters can ride downtown.
- New condos mean that Cranston residents living here can enjoy a suburban yet maintenance-free lifestyle.
- The Century Hall community centre offers recreation for Cranston residents with the South Fish Creek/Cardel Rec Centre, which includes a YMCA and public library, just 10 minutes west.
- Cranston Market is a full-service shopping plaza with a village nuance.
Cranston Neighbourhood Amenities
The tall windmill at the entrance to the community stands tribute to the Cranston family that once farmed the land. This suburban community is a safe neighbourhood for families that appreciate a well-designed community with modern, affordable homes on the market. Getting to work downtown is a breeze down Deerfoot Trail with good transit connections at the Somerset/Bridlewood LRT Station.
The ridge along the river in Cranston is a neighbourhood vantage point where residents living here can look out over the valley to the mountains beyond. Cranston is serene in its vistas and one would hardly know you were in a large, metropolitan city. Cranston is managed by the Cranston Residents Association.
Cranston Local Schools
- Cranston School
- Dr. George Stanley School
- Our Lady of the Rosary School
- Christ the King Catholic School
- Nickle Junior High School
- Dr. E.P. Scarlett Senior High School
- Bishop O'Byrne Catholic Senior High School
Cranston Real Estate Agents
Interested in buying a home in Cranston? Allow our real estate team to help you through the purchase of your new Cranston property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As Southeast Calgary real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to the Cranston real estate market.
Connect with Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about Cranston buyer or seller representation. If you're looking to sell, check our market analysis page to learn about the possible resale value of your home!
Back to Southeast Calgary Real Estate