Evergreen Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
Search the newest Evergreen homes for sale & South Calgary real estate below. Evergreen is a relatively young community. Developed in the 1980's, families here find plenty of opportunities to rest, relax and enjoy time together in one of the many facilities in the neighbourhood which include South Fish Creek Recreation Centre, Southland Leisure Centre, the YMCA, Shawnee Slopes Golf Course, and the Family Leisure Centre. There are also many trails that lead to the Bow River pathways. For additional information about Evergreen properties for sale or to organize a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Evergreen real estate.
Homes For Sale in Evergreen South Calgary
Evergreen Real Estate Market
The community of Evergreen in South Calgary is a popular neighbourhood that is the whole package. With real estate options for everyone in a fantastic range of listing prices; from one-bedroom condos at under $200,000 to 3,000 square-foot luxury homes backing onto wonderful Fish Creek Provincial Park and everything in between. The average listing price in the Evergreen housing market is $500,000. Evergreen and Evergreen Estates also includes Shawnee Slopes, a brand new residential development on a former golf course.
The build-out of Evergreen real estate has continued ever since the community was first founded in the late 1980's on land west of Midnapore on Macleod Trail. Evergreen lies to the south of Fish Creek and goes to 162 Ave SW. With a population of 21,000 living here, Evergreen covers a large geographical area and is one of Calgary's largest communities.
Evergreen Community Highlights
- Easy access to Fish Creek Provincial Park with bike paths, nature trails and exciting wildlife sightings such as beaver.
- Adult-only communities in a fantastic location with resort-style amenities.
- Close to great shopping at South Centre Mall and Shawnessy Town Centre.
- Minutes away from South Fish Creek Library and YMCA, Cardel Rec Centre and the Somerset Bridlewood LRT Station.
- Younger school-aged children can walk to the elementary schools in the neighbourhood.
- By 2018 residents will have the benefit of traveling anywhere in the city on the six-lane Stoney Trail Ring Road, a major freeway development.
Evergreen Neighbourhood Amenities
The architecture and community infrastructure, such as public fencing made of stone and supberb boulevard landscaping is unparalleled in Calgary. People living in Evergreen take pride in their community. New schools in recent years have added to the neighbourhood's already desirable features. There are several sports-fields and large playgrounds perfect for active families. New condo properties and an adult-only assisted living development make Evergreen a true multi-generational community. Being so close to Fish Creek Park, one of the largest urban provincial parks in the country, means home owners are often visited by deer, coyotes, moose and bob cats.
Evergreen Local Schools
- Evergreen Elementary School
- Our Lady of the Evergreens Catholic Elementary School
- St Gerard Catholic Elementary (French Immersion)
- Woodman Middle School
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic Elementary and Junior High School
- Dr. E.P. Scarlett Senior High School
- Bishop O'Byrne Catholic Senior High School
Evergreen Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase or sale of a home in Evergreen? Allow our real estate team to guide you through the purchase of your new Evergreen property or the sale of your current residence. As South Calgary real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to Evergreen real estate.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to get more information about representation for buyers and sellers. Getting involved in the Evergreen real estate market? Connect with us for a free home evaluation instantly!
Back to South Calgary Real Estate