Garrison Woods Homes - JUST LISTED
Find up-to-date Garrison Woods homes for sale & City Centre real estate below! Garrison Woods is a community in Altadore that takes pride in its history and its modernity. Developed in the late 1990's around an old military base called Currie Barracks, this beautiful neighbourhood is minutes away from the Marda Loop, Mount Royal College and plenty of elementary and high schools. Access is provided via Glenmore Trail and Crowchild Trail. Searching for further information on Garrison Woods properties for sale? Arrange for a home showing by contacting your local real estate experts today. Read more about Garrison Woods real estate.
Homes For Sale in Garrison Woods Calgary
Garrison Woods Real Estate Market
The eastern edge of CFB Currie is now Garrison Woods, a dense community of 1,600 residences living on the east side of Crowchild Trail and south of 33 Ave SW. It's just west of the Marda Loop Trading area. The former married quarters for the barracks were either redeveloped or relocated, and a host of new homes, townhomes and condos have been built in the area. The street names are a nod to Canadian military heritage and the parade square honours those who have fought for Canadian freedom. Listing prices for real estate in Garrison Woods average $450,000 to $500,000. Some of the luxury homes on the park in Garrison Woods feature architecture popular during World War I, adding to the charm of this neighbourhood.
Garrison Woods Community Highlights
- Entry-level, move-up and luxury homes with modern floor plans.
- Thoughtful community design.
- Large park and a promenade within the neighbourhood.
- A wonderful streetscape with quaint shops and restaurants — modern shopping with an old-fashioned look.
- Walk to all schools in the neighbourhood.
- Shopping entre with major grocery store.
- Close to the Marda Loop and military museums.
- Close to Mount Royal University, Flames Community Arenas and the Garrison Curling Club.
Garrison Woods Neighbourhood Amenities
Garrison Woods is a creative neighbourhood built on former military land by Canada Lands Company. Canada's storied military history is told through interpretive plaques throughout the community. Residents can get downtown in 10 minutes by car on Crowchild Trail SW with direct transit service to the city centre. Walk to a local pub or take the family for ice cream. Garrison Woods also has an independent adult/assisted living facility. A wonderful community in which to age-in-place.
Garrison Woods Local Schools
- Jeannie Elliot Elementary School
- Holy Name Catholic Elementary School (French Immersion)
- St. James Catholic Elementary School & Junior High School
- A.E. Cross Junior High School
- Central Memorial Senior High School
- Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School
Garrison Woods Real Estate Agents
Interested in buying a home in Garrison Woods? Allow our real estate team to help you through the purchase of your new Garrison Woods property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As City Centre real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to the Garrison Woods real estate market.
Connect with Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about Garrison Woods buyer or seller representation. If you're looking to sell, check our market analysis page to learn about the possible resale value of your home!
Back to City Centre Real Estate