Glamorgan Homes - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Glamorgan homes for sale & real estate in West Calgary resource. Glamorgan is a popular community because of its natural beauty and accessibility. For more information on Glamorgan properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Glamorgan real estate.
Homes For Sale in Glamorgan West Calgary
Glamorgan Real Estate Market
Glamorgan is a mid-century neighbourhood on Calgary's west side, built on former military property to the west of Currie Barracks. The name was taken from the Glamorgan Dairy Farm which once stood on 37 St SW. It's main real estate area is situated between Glenmore Trail and Richmond Road SW, between 37 St SW and Sarcee Trail.
Many of the tidy bungalows and split-levels homes were built in the late 1950's and early 60's, with a large area of condo and townhome properties constructed on the western edge of the neighbourhood in the 1970's. Listing prices for the older real estate in this housing market are in line with prices in communities of similar vintage, with the more affordable prices being on attached homes. The average listing price for homes on the market in is the mid-$400's.
Glamorgan Community Highlights
- Within walking distance of Mount Royal University.
- Great rental property potential.
- Excellent shopping on the north side of the community with several plazas. There is an ample selection of grocery stores, banks, restaurants and the infamous Glamorgan Bakery, home of Calgary's best cheese buns.
- Great community association.
- Glamorgan Park in the heart of the neighbourhood is beautiful with lovely homes surrounding it.
- Schools and churches within walking distance
- Close to Sarcee Trail and the future Ring Road as well as Glenmore Trail with super east/west cross-town accessibility.
- Just 20 minutes away from downtown and down the street from the Westbrook LRT Station.
Glamorgan Neighbourhood Amenities
Glamorgan is a great community for Mount Royal University students looking for rental accommodations. Many of the single-family homes constructed in the 1950's have been updated and are part of that inner-city ring of houses that are within a reasonable commute of downtown. Glamorgan is next door to the Westhills shopping area, one of the city's largest shopping plazas, with restaurants and movie theatres. Glamorgan is well connected to major Calgary arteries.
Glamorgan Local Schools
- Glamorgan Elementary School
- Sir James Lougheed School
- St. Andrew School
- A.E. Cross Junior High School
- Central Memorial High School
- Bishop Carroll Senior High School
- Mount Royal University
Glamorgan Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Glamorgan? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Glamorgan property. As West Calgary real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Glamorgan.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Glamorgan property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to West Calgary Real Estate