Inglewood Homes - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Inglewood homes for sale & real estate in City Centre resource. Inglewood is an inner-city community that takes pride in being the oldest neighbourhood in Calgary. Once known as East Calgary, Inglewood was established across the Elbow River from Fort Calgary in the late 1800's by the city's pioneers. For more information on Inglewood properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Inglewood real estate.
Homes For Sale in Inglewood Calgary
Inglewood Real Estate Market
Real estate in Inglewood is located east of the Elbow River, south of the Bow River and north of the railroad tracks. The community stretches east across Blackfoot Trail to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary. Inglewood is a mixed-use community with an eclectic array of historic homes, century-old bungalows, luxury real estate, new condominiums, and a commercial area with a thriving arts community. The average listing price in this prime inner-city area is just under $500,000. However, this real estate market also has elegant homes for sale that back up to the river and are available for purchase for a price in excess of $1 million. There are some rare opportunities to own a work/live condo on 9 Ave SE, which runs through the neighbourhood.
Inglewood Community Highlights
- An opportunity to own a heritage home in a highly sought-after inner-city neighbourhood.
- Wide character sidewalks dating back to before World War I, with vintage date stamps to prove it.
- Restaurants, bars, art galleries and antique stores. The famous Spolumbo's Sausages is in Inglewood as is the Hose & Hound, a neighbourhood pub in a restored firehall plus The Nash, a restaurant in the rejuvenated National Hotel.
- There are two original barns in Inglewood, adding to the historic flavour of the community.
- Walk to work, stroll or jog on the Bow River Pathway, visit the Calgary Zoo across the river or check out the festivals at Fort Calgary.
- New condo development on 9 Ave SE offers unique designs at affordable price points.
- Residents enjoy the Inglewood Aquatic Centre with its indoor salt-water pool.
Inglewood Neighbourhood Amenities
With both the Bow River and the Elbow River bordering the community, Inglewood offers a rare environment and amenities for the residents living here. Its many attractions include a bird sanctuary, Fort Calgary, the Calgary Zoo, the Wildlands Park and the Inglewood Golf & Country Club. This housing market also offers plenty of shopping and dining experiences for residents and guests.
Inglewood Local Schools
- Colonel Walker Elementary School
- Ramsay Elementary School
- Holy Name School
- St. Monica Catholic Elementary/Junior High School
- Rideau Park Junior High School
- Western Canada High School
- St. Mary's Catholic Senior High School
Inglewood Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Inglewood? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Inglewood property. As City Centre real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Inglewood.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Inglewood property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to City Centre Real Estate