Killarney/Glengarry Homes - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Killarney/Glengarry homes for sale & real estate in City Centre below! Killarney/Glengarry, established in 1910, is one of the city's oldest communities. Because of this, residents are proud of it and are committed to retaining its historical character while blending with modernity. To request up-to-date information about Killarney/Glengarry properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Killarney/Glengarry real estate.
Homes For Sale in Killarney/Glengarry Calgary
Killarney Real Estate Market
The community of Killarney was established in 1910 but most of the original real estate dates back to the 1920's when the streetcar line was extended west. There was further development within the neighbourhood in the 1940's when soldiers, returning from war, could buy a lot for just $25. And there was yet another housing market boom in the 1950's. The community lies between 17 Ave SW and 33 Ave SW between 25A St SW and 37 St SW. Killarney has enjoyed robust revitalization with old cottage homes making way for modern infills, luxury duplexes on R2 lots and smaller condominiums. The average listing price in Killarney is just under $800,000, with condos on the market in some of the area's established buildings priced under $250,000.
Killarney Community Highlights
- Killarney is a short journey on the #2 bus to downtown Calgary or a 10-minute ride by car. Commuters can also walk to the Westbrook LRT, the city's only underground train station.
- Local amenities include the Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre and a beautiful green space behind Killarney School. Optimist Park is just 5 minutes west of Killarney.
- The Glamorgan Shopping Centre is across 37 St SW with the infamous Glamorgan Bakery, home of the world's finest cheese buns.
- Shopping and dining at Westbrook Mall, West Hills and the various shops, restaurants and cafes along 17 Ave SW.
- Killarney is within earshot of Mount Royal University and the exciting new commercial development in Currie Barracks and the Lincoln Business Park.
Killarney Neighbourhood Amenities
Many of the new properties in Killarney are two-story duplex homes with smaller front yards and garages off the back lane. Developers have made good use of the land in Killarney and home buyers will find houses on the market that are smartly designed. High-rise condominiums on 17 Ave SW have reasonable listing prices and those purchasing for the first time will like the affordable townhomes in the neighbourhood. Killarney is the traditional older neighbourhood that many new communities aspire to be.
Killarney Local Schools
- Killarney Elementary School
- Holy Name School
- Vincent Massey School
- A.E. Cross Junior High School
- Western Canada Senior High School
- St. Mary's Catholic High School
Killarney/Glengarry Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Killarney/Glengarry? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Killarney/Glengarry property. As City Centre real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Killarney/Glengarry real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Killarney/Glengarry home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to City Centre Real Estate