Lake Bonavista Homes - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Lake Bonavista homes for sale & real estate in South Calgary resource. Lake Bonavista's beautiful and spacious houses blend well with the natural beauty of its environment. Residents have access to nearby Fish Creek Park, as well as golf at any of the golf courses within Willow Park and Maple Ridge. Access is via Anderson Road and Macleod Trail. For more information on Lake Bonavista properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Lake Bonavista real estate.
Homes For Sale in Lake Bonavista South Calgary
Lake Bonavista Real Estate Market
Calgary's original lake community, Lake Bonavista, was built in the late 1960's/early 1970's, south of Anderson Road and east of Macleod Trail. This model community of single-family homes was later expanded on the western edge with new real estate including condominiums and commercial properties. Another lake was added in the late 1970's — Lake Bonaventure.
The beautiful homes for sale that surround the lakes are multi-million dollar estate homes on larger lots. Buyers can also find smaller, more moderately priced homes for sale on the east side of Acadia Drive and in Bonavista Downs. The average listing price in this family community is on the upper end of the $700,000 range. As a 50-year-old community, many of the homes on the market have been updated for modern conveniences. The community is well-kept and remains a prestigious address in Calgary's Southeast.
Lake Bonavista Community Highlights
- The original lake property is 52 acres and is stocked with fish. Swimming and pleasure boating are popular pastimes for those living here. The sandy beach and lush grounds surrounding the lake are well maintained.
- The central lake is home to a community centre with a gas fire-pit and tennis courts.
- Beautiful mature trees planted 50 years ago by the developer.
- Lake Bonavista Promenade Shopping Centre is next door to the lake, with Southcentre Mall just north and two major shopping areas along Macleod Trail accessible by Lake Fraser Gate.
- Superb facilities at the community hall on Acadia Drive with indoor skating rinks, concessions, and a gymnasium. Frank McCool Arena is across the parking lot. The Trico Centre is just up the street.
- Quick access to major arteries such as Deerfoot Trail and Macleod Trail with LRT service across the road at Anderson Station.
Lake Bonavista Neighbourhood Amenities
No matter what real estate option you choose in the Lake Bonavista housing market, as a homeowner, you'll get access to the lake and all its community amenities all year long. Bungalows for sale in Lake Bonavista are large and even on one level many have main floor family rooms. Estate homes on the market can offer four and five bedrooms with generous lot sizes that allow for oversized decks and even an outdoor pool.
There are sidewalks on both sides of the road in this mature community with plenty of schools for neighbourhood students of every grade. The recreational opportunities both indoor and outdoors is tremendous in Lake Bonavista.
Lake Bonavista Local Schools
- Andrew Sibbald
- Sam Livingston
- Lake Bonavista
- St. Boniface
- St. Bonaventure
- Nickle Junior High School
- Dr. E.P. Scarlett Senior High School
- Bishop Grandin Catholic Senior High School
Lake Bonavista Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Lake Bonavista? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Lake Bonavista property. As South Calgary real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Lake Bonavista.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Lake Bonavista property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to South Calgary Real Estate