Lower Mount Royal Homes - JUST LISTED
Find up-to-date Lower Mount Royal homes for sale & City Centre real estate below! As the name suggests, Lower Mount Royal is a district below the hilltop community of Mount Royal. It's south of 17 Ave SW between 5 St SW and 14 St SW. Searching for further information on Lower Mount Royal properties for sale? Arrange for a home showing by contacting your local real estate experts today. Read more about Lower Mount Royal real estate.
Homes For Sale in Lower Mount Royal Calgary
Lower Mount Royal Real Estate Market
While there are some lovely old luxury mansions on the market, built before the First World War, Lower Mount Royal real estate is defined by the marvelous townhomes and interesting condos that grace this inner-city area. Like the neighbouring Beltline area, Lower Mount Royal also has convenient shopping, restaurants, bars and cafes along the 17 Avenue strip for those living here. The average listing price in the Lower Mount Royal housing market is $350,000 to $400,000, as dictated by the large number of one- and two-bedroom condos in older buildings. Some of the grand European-style townhomes constructed in Lower Mount Royal in the last 20 years are well over $1 million as are the historic single-family homes remaining in the neighbourhood.
Lower Mount Royal Community Highlights
- Condo buyers have their pick of heritage apartments, three-storey walk-up apartments and modern condominiums.
- Small retailers, ethnic restaurants, sports bars and coffee shops line the south side of 17 Ave SW, also known as The Red Mile.
- Great transit connections to the LRT line or downtown. City Centre or the Stampede Grounds are about 30 minutes away on foot.
- Work out at Repsol Centre, which is 5 minutes east, or the Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre, about 10 blocks up 17 Ave SW.
- The historic residences in Lower Mount Royal are of note. The Anderson Estates apartment block is over 100 years old and still has a working birdcage elevator. It was the setting for singer Jann Arden's music video produced in 1995 called "Insensitive."
Lower Mount Royal Neighbourhood Amenities
Lower Mount Royal is an excellent location for people who love living on the edge of downtown. Every convenience is within walking distance, so owning a car in this community is optional. Walk to work or take a short ride on public transit. It's a great place to shop for new apartments on the market, with so many choices in a single neighbourhood. Lower Mount Royal real estate is steeped in history yet so affordable.
Lower Mount Royal Local Schools
- Earl Grey Elementary School
- Sacred Heart Catholic Elementary School
- Mount Royal Junior High School
- St. Monica Elementary & Junior High School
- Western Canada Senior High School
- St. Mary's Catholic Senior High School
Lower Mount Royal Real Estate Agents
Interested in buying a home in Lower Mount Royal? Allow our real estate team to help you through the purchase of your new Lower Mount Royal property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As City Centre real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to the Lower Mount Royal real estate market.
Connect with Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about Lower Mount Royal buyer or seller representation. If you're looking to sell, check our market analysis page to learn about the possible resale value of your home!
Back to City Centre Real Estate