Mahogany Homes - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Mahogany homes for sale & real estate in Southeast Calgary resource. Mahogany is Calgary's newest lake community just east of the famous Auburn Bay. Still developing, Mahogany is expected to grow with the community and become part of five distinct neighbourhoods in the future. Mahogany houses are set close to popular attractions such as a 65-acre, horseshoe-shaped swimming lake and 60 acres of natural wetlands. For more information on Mahogany properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Mahogany real estate.
Homes For Sale in Mahogany Southeast Calgary
Mahogany Real Estate Market
The award-winning new community of Mahogany has received accolades from around the country for being one of Canada's best new neighbourhoods. This suburban lake community in Calgary's far South East has two lakes, an exclusive enclave of luxury homes on an island as well as a wide variety of homes for sale. Single-family homes, custom houses, estates, villas, townhouses and condos with Arts & Crafts or Prairie-inspired architecture can be found in this market.
The average listing price for real estate in this housing market is approximately $600,000. Westman Village is a brand new multi-family/retirement development currently being constructed which should be ready for tours and occupancy in 2019. Access to Mahogany is via Highway 22X/Stoney Trail, 196 Ave SE, and 52nd St SW.
Mahogany Community Highlights
- Mahogany is a well-designed modern neighbourhood with a spectacular community centre, members-only clubhouse and beach, and a 13-acre centrally-located public park.
- The community developer has set aside 265 acres of open space in which the native grasses and wetlands will be protected. The original ranch on the land will be incorporated into the urban design of the neighbourhood.
- Homes for sale sit around the lake or on the man-made islands, with private docks and lake access.
- The new South Health Campus Hospital is five minutes away, with excellent shopping and restaurants in nearby Seton.
- Future plans for the 52 St SE Corridor include a new freeway, a train line, and shopping plazas.
- Room reserved for future school development, with a new Catholic elementary school currently under construction.
- Modern houses from many of Calgary's finest builders plus an excellent selection of new resale homes on landscaped lots.
Mahogany Neighbourhood Amenities
Life in a new home in Mahogany is quiet and comfortable. As newer houses on the market, many have been originally built "green." They're energy efficient and constructed with the latest materials. From affordable two-bedroom condos in a low-rise property to single-family street homes all the way up to the high-end luxury houses on the lake, Mahogany real estate is well-designed for today's homebuyer. Just 25 minutes south of downtown on Deerfoot or Stoney trails on the doorstep of the Bow River Valley. Mahogany is managed by the Mahogany Homeowners Association.
Mahogany Local Schools
- Riverbend School
- Prince of Peace Catholic School
- Monsignor J.S. Smith
- Sherwood Junior High
- Fairview (French Immersion)
- Henry Wide Wood Senior High School
- Bishop O'Byrne Senior High School
Mahogany Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Mahogany? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Mahogany property. As Southeast Calgary real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Mahogany.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Mahogany property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to Southeast Calgary Real Estate