Mission Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
Find up-to-date Mission homes for sale & City Centre real estate below! Mission is a neighbourhood deeply rooted in the city's dynamic history, where houses reflect the various stages that Calgary has gone through throughout the decades. Residents have access to the Elbow River, as well as nearby Lindsay Park. They can go to any of the shops and restaurants nearby or simply drive to the downtown area, just a few minutes away. Access is via 4th Street. Searching for further information on Mission properties for sale? Arrange for a home showing by contacting your local real estate experts today. Read more about Mission real estate.
Homes For Sale in Mission Calgary
Mission Real Estate Market
Mission has mixed-use real estate and is located south of 17 Ave SW (The Red Mile), straddling the Fourth Street commercial area. It's called Mission in honour of the original French inhabitants that followed the legendary Father Lacombe to this district well over a century ago. The housing market in this dense neighbourhood includes a few remaining century homes, but is primarily comprised of condominiums. Homes for sale include several luxury high-rise buildings along the Elbow River Promenade priced in excess of $1 million, however there are many more very affordable units in Mission, with an average listing price of $350,000 to $400,000. Older three-storey walk-up properties have been converted to affordable condos. Mission offers a trendy urban lifestyle where young professionals and empty nesters can walk to work or to work out and check out the latest restaurant on Fourth Street.
Mission Community Highlights
- A wide range of prices and unit sizes with an average of 1,000 square feet of living space.
- Proximity to the Elbow River pathways, the Repsol Centre, medical services, restaurants, bars and boutique shopping.
- St. Mary's Cathedral, The Alberta Ballet and the historic FJC Christian Life Centre building (circa 1890) are notable landmarks in Mission.
- The Cliff Bungalow area has pre-WWI homes that have been lovingly restored.
- A good selection of schools from preschool to Grade 12.
- Walk to downtown on Fourth Street SW or catch the #3 Elbow Drive bus to the office.
- Walk to the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede Grounds and the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Mission Neighbourhood Amenities
Mission real estate is historic, modern, old school and up-to-date all rolled into one neighbourhood! Older properties and classic apartments are mixed with chic new condos on the market and trendy restaurants and cafes. Walk to work down Fourth Street or along the Elbow River pathway or meet your friends for brunch down the street on the weekend. Work out in the community fitness centre at Repsol Centre taking advantage of its running track, basketball courts, Olympic dive tank and lane pool. Fourth Street is the centrepiece of the Mission area, where every year in May Calgarians enjoy the annual Lilac Street Festival.
Mission Local Schools
- William Reid Elementary
- St. Monica Catholic Elementary
- Our Lady of Lourdes School
- Rideau Park Junior High School
- Western Canada Senior High School
- St. Mary's Catholic High School
Mission Real Estate Agents
Interested in buying a home in Mission? Allow our real estate team to help you through the purchase of your new Mission property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As City Centre real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to the Mission real estate market.
Connect with Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about Mission buyer or seller representation. If you're looking to sell, check our market analysis page to learn about the possible resale value of your home!
Back to City Centre Real Estate