Oakridge Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Oakridge homes for sale & real estate in South Calgary below! Oakridge is a community that offers the best of both worlds to families: affordable homes and an upscale neighbourhood. To request up-to-date information about Oakridge properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Oakridge real estate.
Homes For Sale in Oakridge South Calgary
Oakridge Real Estate Market
Oakridge is a pleasant neighbourhood on the southern edge of the Glenmore Reservoir. It's situated between 24 St SW and Tsuu T'ina First Nation between 90 Ave SW and Southland Drive. With real estate first constructed in the late 1960's and early 70's, Oakridge offers a wide selection of townhouses, low-rise condominiums and single-family homes.
The estates area on the western edge boasts real estate that is large and well-designed, featuring executive houses with front-drive garages. Average listing prices in Oakridge are in the $500,000 to $525,000 range. Units on the market for multi-family developments are in the high $200's and luxury homes for sale in the estates area can run in the $900,000 to $1 million price range. The neighbourhood was laid out with no back alleys but instead, wonderful pathways and plenty of open green space connect.
Oakridge Community Highlights
- Access to South Glenmore Park with the Glenmore Sailing School, an accessible spray park, picnic areas, bike paths around the reservoir through the Weaselhead Natural Area.
- Shopping at two local plazas including a Calgary Co-op store and Co-op Wines & Spirits. Glenmore Landing with more grocery shopping, boutique retail and medical offices is a few minutes east on 90 Ave SW. Rockyview General Hospital is just across Glenmore Reservoir on 14 St SW.
- Excellent shuttle bus service to the Southland LRT Station.
- Beautiful interconnecting pathways and a large central park with soccer fields and ball diamonds.
- Oakridge Community Centre with indoor ice and concession, excellent outdoor ice in winter, racquet courts, meeting rooms and a popular preschool.
- Calgary's future ring road will soon be constructed for easier in/out access for Oakridge residents.
Oakridge Neighbourhood Amenities
With the wide variety of home styles and prices on the market in this community, anyone can enjoy living in a beautiful friendly neighbourhood. Children in Oakridge can walk to school along the community's green pathways or take a short bus ride to high school. With shopping so close it's easy to pick up a few items on the way home from work. People love having access to South Glenmore Park and the reservoir pathways.
Oakridge Local Schools
- Louis Riel Elementary and Junior High School
- St. Cyril Catholic Elementary and Junior High School
- John Ware Junior High School (GATE Program)
- Nellie McClung Elementary School (GATE Program)
- St. Benedict Catholic Elementary School
- Woodman Junior High School
- Henry Wise Wood Senior High School
- Bishop Grandin Senior High School
Oakridge Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Oakridge? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Oakridge property. As South Calgary real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Oakridge real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Oakridge home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to South Calgary Real Estate