Richmond Homes - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Richmond homes for sale & real estate in City Centre below! Richmond is one of the city's oldest communities. While some of the mid-century houses are retained, others had to give way to new developments. Residents here often go to the nearby Marda Loop for their shopping, dining, and recreational activities, although its community centre is one of the city's most active. Children can go to one of two local public schools. Access is via 17th Avenue, 19th Street, 33 Avenue and Richmond Road. To request up-to-date information about Richmond properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Richmond real estate.
Homes For Sale in Richmond Calgary
Richmond Real Estate Market
The Richmond community is an older neighbourhood dating back to the First World War, located on the south side of 17 Ave SW between 20 St SW and 25A St SW. A few heritage homes remain, and most of the older houses still in existence are R2 homes built in the 1940's with a selection of mid-century homes. It's a prime neighbourhood in a booming housing market with an average home listing price of $800,000. Potential home buyers should know that redevelopment in this area has pushed real estate property values high. The neighbourhood is built in the west slope of the Bankview Hill and locals refer to part of the Richmond community as Knob Hill. The topography has lent itself to creation of some fairly creative custom-built homes, such as the "octagon" house, a legend in this neighbourhood.
Richmond Community Highlights
- Richmond is close to Calgary's downtown core, and this desirable location has added to the community's high property value.
- Crowchild Trail provides great access to Mount Royal University, the University of Calgary, and the Trans-Canada Highway out of town.
- The Richmond Green Golf Course and the Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre are close by.
- There's a large medical facility in the Richmond neighbourhood.
- The Naval Museum is situated in Richmond with two military museums located close by.
- Shopping and restaurants are nearby in the trendy Marda Loop district.
Richmond Neighbourhood Amenities
The charm of the Richmond neighbourhood are the heritage homes, the new luxury infill houses and duplex properties, and the character of the area with parks and large trees. Downtown is just five minutes away, yet Richmond feels like a peaceful, suburban neighbourhood.
Richmond Local Schools
- Richmond Elementary School
- St. Andrew Catholic Elementary School
- A.E. Cross Junior High School
- Mount Royal Junior High School
- St. Gregory Catholic Middle School
- Central Memorial Senior High School
- Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School
Richmond Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Richmond? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Richmond property. As City Centre real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Richmond real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Richmond home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to City Centre Real Estate