Rocky Ridge Homes - JUST LISTED
Search the newest Rocky Ridge homes for sale & Northwest Calgary real estate below. A bit of luxury and modern convenience define the community of Rocky Ridge, right beside the Royal Oak community. Residents have easy and convenient access to the 335,000-square-foot Royal Oak Shopping Centre and major roadways, and there are plans for future C-Train services and park-n-ride facilities. For additional information about Rocky Ridge properties for sale or to organize a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Rocky Ridge real estate.
Homes For Sale in Rocky Ridge Northwest Calgary
Rocky Ridge Real Estate Market
The Rocky Ridge community in Calgary's far North West is also known as Rocky Ridge Ranch and is perched at the highest point in the city. Real estate in the neighbourhood offers those living here picturesque mountain views or properties that back up onto winding ravines where marshy wetlands and native trees have remained untouched.
Rocky Ridge condo and townhome properties have an average listing price in the mid-$300's, while detached single-family houses in Rocky Ridge Ranch have an average listing price of just under $600,000. The community was built in the late 1990's and the architecture boasts a western theme. Rocky Ridge is west of its sister community, Royal Oak, and north of Crowchild Trail on the east side of Twelve Mile Coulee Road. Rocky Ridge has a population of around 8,000 people.
Rocky Ridge Community Highlights
- Rocky Ridge is a residential neighbourhood set atop a ridge that is more than 1,200 meters tall — making it the highest point in the city.
- Rocky Ridge houses overlook the Rocky Mountains and offer residents living here impressive scenery. The area is also home to a network of trails that skirt the surrounding wetlands.
- The Rocky Ridge community has tot lots, tennis courts, and leisure programs. There is also the local pond, which is home to paddle boaters and ice skaters, depending on the season.
- Located close to Stoney Trail Ring Road, homeowners have a direct link to Calgary amenities like Winsport Canada Olympic Park to the south and the Calgary International Airport to the east.
- LRT service is available at the Tuscany Station, the end of the Northwest line.
- Rocky Ridge Shopping Centre has everything local residents need, including restaurants, medical clinics, and new car dealerships.
Rocky Ridge Neighbourhood Amenities
Rocky Ridge is a quiet suburban community where the neighbourhood kids can walk to school and families can hike through ravines to catch a glimpse of local wildlife. The community centre is a focal point for residents, with amenities you won't find anywhere else in Calgary, like paddle boats on the pond. The western-themed architecture reflects the area's heritage and evokes a sense of pride in this North West neighbourhood.
Rocky Ridge Local Schools
- Royal Oak School (K-4)
- Belvedere-Parkway School
- St. Maria Goretti
- St. Sylvester
- William D. Pratt Junior High School
- Simon Fraser Middle School
- Robert Thirsk Senior High School
- St. Francis Catholic Senior High School
Rocky Ridge Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase or sale of a home in Rocky Ridge? Allow our real estate team to guide you through the purchase of your new Rocky Ridge property or the sale of your current residence. As Northwest Calgary real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to Rocky Ridge real estate.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to get more information about representation for buyers and sellers. Getting involved in the Rocky Ridge real estate market? Connect with us for a free home evaluation instantly!
Back to Northwest Calgary Real Estate