Shaganappi Homes - JUST LISTED
Welcome to your local Shaganappi homes for sale & real estate in City Centre resource. Shaganappi is one of the city's oldest neighbourhoods, with vibrant and young residents who enjoy a very active lifestyle provided by the various facilities within the community, including the Shaganappi Golf Course and Edworthy Park. Some of them simply relax as they watch the magnificent Bow River Valley from a ridge. For more information on Shaganappi properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Shaganappi real estate.
Homes For Sale in Shaganappi Calgary
Shaganappi Real Estate Market
Shaganappi is a familiar word in the Calgary community. It's a word with Indigenous roots that refers to the rawhide lacing used to bind things together. The Shaganappi neighbourhood is directly north of the public golf course of the same name, situated on the west side of Crowchild Trail between Bow Trail and 17 Ave SW. This housing market has some century homes and older R2 up/down duplex properties, but like other neighbourhoods close to downtown, Shaganappi has seen aggressive redevelopment as new homes for sale go on the market. Shaganappi houses are more affordable than in neighbouring Scarboro, with an average listing price of $675,000 to $750,000. Yet the real estate for sale here offers similar location and lot types. Homes in Shaganappi rarely come on the market as this is a very popular community.
Shaganappi Community Highlights
- Those living in Shaganappi can walk to the public Shaganappi Golf Course on the other side of the Bow Trail.
- The community runs recreation programs and maintains an outdoor ice rink. There's a great toboggan hill at the centre.
- Residents love being close to Edworthy Park in nearby Wildwood.
- Swim and work out at the Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre.
- Walk to the Nicholls Family Branch of the Calgary Public Library.
- Enjoy community restaurants and convenient shopping on 17 Ave SW.
- Just a few blocks west is the Westbrook LRT Station, the city's first underground train station.
Shaganappi Neighbourhood Amenities
This older community offers home buyers all the benefits of similar neighbourhoods at more affordable price points. Wonderful single-family houses and affordable attached homes in an older neighbourhood minutes west of downtown. Close to schools and transit.
Shaganappi Local Schools
- Alexander Ferguson Elementary School
- Holy Name Catholic Elementary School (French Immersion)
- St. Michael Elementary & Junior High School
- Vincent Massey Junior High School
- Mount Royal Junior High School
- Ernest Manning Senior High School
- Western Canada Senior High School
- St. Mary's Catholic Senior High School
Shaganappi Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Shaganappi? Let our real estate team guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Shaganappi property. As City Centre real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the real estate market in Shaganappi.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Shaganappi property? Head to our market analysis page for a home value estimate within moments.
Back to City Centre Real Estate