Shawnessy Homes - JUST LISTED
Search the newest Shawnessy homes for sale & South Calgary real estate below. Shawnessy is a vibrant, suburban neighbourhood popular among professionals and businessmen because of its accessibility. It got its name from Samuel Shaw, a British settler who built a barn in 1882 in the place which is now the community association. For additional information about Shawnessy properties for sale or to organize a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about Shawnessy real estate.
Homes For Sale in Shawnessy South Calgary
Shawnessy Real Estate Market
The community of Shawnessy is an affordable family neighbourhood that is named after the historic Shaw family, the original area pioneers. This neighbourhood is west of Macleod Trail and runs west to James McKevitt Blvd SW with Shawnessy Blvd SW on the north and 162 Ave SW on the south end of the property.
Most of the homes on the market in Shawnessy are smaller bungalows, bi-level and split-level houses with listing prices, on average, between $375,000 and $450,000. Townhomes and condominiums are also in lower price ranges and are great for first-time buyers who are looking to purchase real estate in desirable South Calgary. Shawnessy is well connected via the LRT and has close shopping and schools right in the neighbourhood.
Shawnessy Community Highlights
- The Shawnessy Towne Centre provides plenty of choices for shopping, dining, and entertainment. There's a large movie theatre complex as well.
- South Centre Mall with comfortable indoor shopping is less than 10 minutes north.
- Those who love the outdoors can go to nearby Fish Creek Park, as well as the pathways in the vicinity.
- There are two LRT Stations with 20-minute service to downtown Calgary, linking further north with the University of Calgary.
- An original 1920's-era barn located in Shannon Park was preserved and restored, a gem in the heart of the Shawnessy district which serves as the community entre. It has a wonderful fireplace with skating rinks outside, available for rental for private parties.
Shawnessy Neighbourhood Amenities
Residents here love the tennis courts, ball diamonds and playground at Shannon Park in the heart of the neighbourhood. Shawnessy Town Centre offers full-service shopping and reasonably priced restaurants. The Shawville Gate SW area offers a host of stores, services and movie theatres, with Southcentre Mall just a few kilometres to the north. Cardel Rec Centre and the YMCA, plus South Fish Creek Library, are a few steps south of Shawnessy next door the high school. Shawnessy is managed by the Shawnessy Community Association.
Shawnessy Local Schools
- Janet Johnstone Elementary School
- Samuel W. Shaw School
- St. Teresa of Calcutta Elementary (French Immersion)
- Father Doucet Elementary School
- Our Lady of Peace Elementary and Junior High School
- Centennial Catholic Senior High School
- Bishop O'Byrne Catholic Senior High School
Shawnessy Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase or sale of a home in Shawnessy? Allow our real estate team to guide you through the purchase of your new Shawnessy property or the sale of your current residence. As South Calgary real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to Shawnessy real estate.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to get more information about representation for buyers and sellers. Getting involved in the Shawnessy real estate market? Connect with us for a free home evaluation instantly!
Back to South Calgary Real Estate