Signal Hill Homes & Real Estate - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Signal Hill homes for sale & real estate in West Calgary below! Signal Hill is an upscale community, built on an elevated plateau, that takes pride in its historical significance and in its prime location. From its time as a training area for the Canadian Armed Forces during the First World War, this neighbourhood has been transformed into one of Calgary's most sought-after residential areas. To request up-to-date information about Signal Hill properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Signal Hill real estate.
Homes For Sale in Signal Hill West Calgary
Signal Hill Real Estate Market
Finding the community of Signal Hill in Calgary West is easy. Just look for the large numbers written in white stones on the southern exposure of the big hill west of Sarcee Trail and north of Highway 8. These stones were placed on the hill 100 years ago in honour of the air base where present day Mount Royal University is located.
Signal Hill is an upscale neighbourhood built in the late 1980's where homes for sale have an average listing price of $650,000. The Signal Hill district also includes Signature Park, Signal Ridge and Sienna Hills. The bulk of houses in Signal Hill are single-family, but there is also an excellent selection of duplexes, townhouses and affordable condominiums on the market. It is a family community with playgrounds and an active community centre.
Signal Hill Community Highlights
- Beautiful homes on the crest of historic Signal Hill with a commanding view of the downtown skyline and the mountains.
- Battalion Park is a focal point and historic point of pride in the neighbourhood.
- Convenient shopping at West Hills Towne Centre and recreation facilities at the nearby West Side Rec Centre with pool, basketball courts gymnasium and complete fitness programs.
- Families living here love the Signal Hill branch of the Calgary Public Library.
- Close to Mount Royal University, the new Currie Barracks district and the Lincoln Business Park.
- Optimist Park across Sarcee Trail has two indoor ice surfaces and is where you'll find one of Calgary's finest baseball facilities.
- Down Sarcee Trail is beautiful North Glenmore Park, one of the city's favourite picnic spots.
Signal Hill Neighbourhood Amenities
Signal Hill real estate was first constructed in the late 1980's and early 1990's. This is when open concept homes and higher ceilings were just coming into vogue in the housing market. Residents living here appreciate being close to both Sarcee Trail and Glenmore Trail for good north/south and east/west access anywhere in the city. West Hills has excellent shopping and is close to Mount Royal University, just east of the neighbourhood.
Signal Hill Local Schools
- Battalion Park Elementary School
- St. Andrew School
- Holy Name School
- A.E. Cross Junior High School
- Bishop Pinkham Junior High School
- Ernest Manning Senior High School
- Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School
Signal Hill Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Signal Hill? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Signal Hill property. As West Calgary real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Signal Hill real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Signal Hill home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to West Calgary Real Estate