Strathcona Park Homes - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest Strathcona Park homes for sale & real estate in West Calgary below! Strathcona Park is situated on a big hill in Calgary's west zone. This is a mature community of townhomes and single-family homes surrounded by trees, parks, and ravines. A ten-minute drive to downtown Calgary and access to many shops and recreational centres make this a very desirable location. To request up-to-date information about Strathcona Park properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about Strathcona Park real estate.
Homes For Sale in Strathcona Park West Calgary
Strathcona Park Real Estate Market
If you'd love to own some real estate at the top of a hill or enjoy life in a community where you can walk your dog in the woods and enjoy nature, Strathcona Park is the neighbourhood for you. High on the plateau west of downtown, Strathcona Park was built in the 1980's and has everything from entry-level townhomes and condos to upgraded move-up homes and million-dollar properties. The neighbourhood is on the south side of the Bow Trail, on what locals call Broadcast Hill.
The average listing price in Strathcona Park is between $600,000 and $700,000, with affordable and luxury real estate options on either side. Strathcona Park home buyers can find traditional houses with formal dining rooms and main-floor family rooms popular in the 1980's, or newer homes on the market with a modern open concept and high ceilings. Ravines, stands of native trembling aspen and parkland reserves thread through the neighbourhood high above the city.
Strathcona Park Community Highlights
- A good selection of real estate including bungalows, split-levels, and two-storey detached homes.
- A quick commute to downtown via Bow Trail. Sarcee Trail connects with several east/west arteries.
- Good transit service to Westbrook LRT or the West Leg of the LRT at 69 St SW.
- Bike paths, walking trails, outdoor ice rinks, sports fields, and an active community association.
- Optimist Park and Westside Rec Centre are also nearby.
- Walk to shopping at Strathcona Square or take the five-minute drive to Westhills Shopping Centre.
Strathcona Park Neighbourhood Amenities
Strathcona Park was the first community built high on Broadcast Hill and was the blueprint for all communities to follow. Developers took advantage of the rolling topography and shallow ravines and encouraged home builders to be creative in the layout of family houses and multi-family communities. Strathcona Park offers country living in the city all minutes from downtown.
Strathcona Park Local Schools
- Olympic Heights Elementary
- Wildwood Elementary School
- Westgate (French Immersion)
- John W. Costello Catholic Elementary School
- Joan of Arc School
- St. Michael's Catholic Elementary School
- Vincent Massey Junior High School
- Ernest Manning Senior High School
- Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School
Strathcona Park Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in Strathcona Park? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your Strathcona Park property. As West Calgary real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the Strathcona Park real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your Strathcona Park home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to West Calgary Real Estate