West Calgary Homes - JUST LISTED
View today's hottest West Calgary homes for sale & Calgary real estate below! A great neighbourhood with an all-year-round access to an outdoor life is what makes West Springs a very attractive community. A mere 15 minutes from Downtown Calgary, this upscale community is a friendly neighbourhood. Conveniences are provided by the many shops & centres throughout the area. You'll find a variety of wildlife in the natural grasslands, forests, and ravines of the neighbouring Paskapoo Slopes. To request up-to-date information about West Calgary properties for sale or to set up a home tour, contact your local real estate experts today. Read more about West Calgary real estate.
Homes For Sale in West Calgary AB
West Calgary Real Estate Market
West Springs is an upscale neighbourhood in Calgary West and includes the sub-community of Wentworth. Established in 2001, this picturesque neighbourhood offers home owners views of the Foothills and the Rocky Mountains. West Springs lies to the south of Old Banff Coach Rod and is on the west side of 69 St SW with the Springbank community in Rocky View County on the western edge.
The single family luxury houses and the higher-priced multi-family homes for sale in West Springs have an average listing price of $800,000 with the highest prices nearing the $7 million mark. The primary architectural style in the West Springs housing market is Arts and Crafts with stucco and stone exteriors. Natural tree stands have been preserved and incorporated into the community layout and many properties are on estate-sized lots backing onto lush green space and pathway system. Condos in West Springs are comparable to inner-city offerings but priced significantly less per square foot.
West Calgary Community Highlights
- Luxury homes in West Springs offer country-estate living with great outdoor space yet offer the convenience of suburban living.
- West Springs is an affordable alternative to downtown condo living and is just 20 minutes west of downtown.
- The West Springs shopping district is a master-planned area with multi-family residences and modern condominiums incorporated into the commercial layout. Aspen Landing offers more choice and has a variety of high-end boutique retailers for trendy purchases.
- Old Banff Coach Road, Bow Trail SW and 17 Ave SW provide access to nearby highways out of town and to downtown Calgary.
- Local amenities include Winsport Canada Olympic Park with four indoor rinks, downhill ski and snowboard hill, luge and bobsleigh track and ski jump tower. Westside Rec Centre is nearby.
West Calgary Neighbourhood Amenities
West Springs has Calgary’s finest luxury homes, modern single family houses and convenient condo properties all minutes from downtown. West Springs on the far western edge of Calgary is an excellent choice for those who like to escape to the mountains on the weekends. Families can spread out and grow, young urban professionals can find the perfect set-up and empty-nesters can be close to their kids in West Springs. The town is managed by the West Springs Cougar Ridge Community Association.
West Calgary Local Schools
- West Springs Elementary School
- Vincent Massey Junior High School
- Joan of Arc Catholic Elementary and Junior High School
- St. Michael Elementary and Junior High School (French Immersion)
- Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School
- Ernest Manning Senior High School
West Calgary Real Estate Agents
Planning to buy or sell a home in West Calgary? Allow our real estate team to help you navigate the purchase of or expertly negotiate the sale of your West Calgary property. As local real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique dynamics of the West Calgary real estate market.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to learn more about buyer and seller representation. Selling your West Calgary home? Visit our market analysis page for a property value estimate within minutes.
Back to Calgary Real Estate