West Hillhurst Homes - JUST LISTED
Search the newest West Hillhurst homes for sale & City Centre real estate below. Residents of West Hillhurst, an inner city neighbourhood near St. Andrews Heights and Briar Hill, enjoy the incomparable combination of schools, natural adventure, sports facilities, health facilities, and access to transportation. No other place in Calgary is quite like this and that is the reason why this community is a favorite among students, professors and professionals. For additional information about West Hillhurst properties for sale or to organize a private tour, contact your local real estate experts today! Read more about West Hillhurst real estate.
Homes For Sale in West Hillhurst Calgary
West Hillhurst Real Estate Market
The community of West Hillhurst is on the north side of the Bow River across from Calgary's city centre. It's west of 19 St SW and is bounded on the north by the Bow River escarpment. Crowchild Trail runs north through the West Hillhurst real estate market. Many original homes date back to the neighbourhood's origins before the First World War, but the majority of the community was constructed in the late 1940's. However, this mature housing market has undergone substantial redevelopment and now more than half of the neighbourhood is comprised of luxury infill houses, gleaming new infill duplex homes and luxury condominiums. The average listing price in West Hillhurst is $740,000 to $800,000, with the newer homes for sale closer to $1.3 to $1.5 million. West Hillhurst boasts a new generation of families that appreciate inner-city living in a mature neighbourhood with good schools.
West Hillhurst Community Highlights
- Location is key in West Hillhurst, where people can walk or bike to work downtown on the Bow River Pathway or take a short drive to schools and the University of Calgary.
- Despite being in the inner-city, east/west Memorial Drive and north/south Crowchild make getting in and around the city a breeze.
- The University of Calgary and the Foothills Hospital are located just north of the West Hillhurst community.
- The West Hillhurst Community Centre is well known throughout Calgary, with a very active senior's club, recreation and social programs, racquet courts and an informal farmer's market.
- There is shopping nearby at North Hill Mall.
- Hillhurst Athletic Park, Riley Park and the Bow River pathways provide active lifestyle choices. An outdoor pool and tennis courts are in the area as well as separate and public schools.
West Hillhurst Neighbourhood Amenities
West Hillhurst has older homes with secondary suites perfect for the investor or first-time buyer that needs help with the mortgage. This neighbourhood also has some of the most elegant infill homes in the city. Some of the new architecture follows modern trends with flat roof lines, but a majority of new construction is Arts & Crafts in nature in keeping with the vintage of this 100-year-old community.
West Hillhurst Local Schools
- University Elementary School
- Queen Elizabeth Junior & Senior High School
- St. Pious X Elementary School (French Immersion)
- St. Joseph Catholic Elementary & Junior High School
- St. Francis Catholic Senior High School
West Hillhurst Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase or sale of a home in West Hillhurst? Allow our real estate team to guide you through the purchase of your new West Hillhurst property or the sale of your current residence. As City Centre real estate agents, we have insider knowledge of the dynamics unique to West Hillhurst real estate.
Contact Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First to get more information about representation for buyers and sellers. Getting involved in the West Hillhurst real estate market? Connect with us for a free home evaluation instantly!
Back to City Centre Real Estate